My interest in anti-aging medicine stems from a deep passion for educating patients and offering individualized treatment according to their needs. I am also committed to helping them become empowered to take charge of their lives by creating and living healthy lifestyles that extend the healthspan as they age.
Anti-aging medicine research has already proven that positive behavioral changes in diet, enhanced nutrition, use of pharmaceutical grade nutritional supplements, regular and appropriate exercise, stress reduction and advancements in age-related disease treatments can slow down the aging process.
Furthermore, advancements are being made daily in prevention of aging-related disorders such as Cardiovascular Disease, Obesity, Type II Diabetes, Thyroid and Adrenal dysfunction, autoimmune and chronic, systemic conditions such as Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Radiant health and longevity for my patients are the primary goals of my practice. I am committed to offering the highest quality patient care possible. To that end, I provide customized wellness plans that focus on disease prevention and treatment as needed through:
- medical protocols to treat existing disorders as appropriate
- bioidentical hormone replacement therapy as appropriate
- adequate nutrition, proper rest and exercise
- weight management including maintaining an appropriate Body Mass Index (BMI) to ensure balance between lean muscle, adequate body fat and proper hydration
- care and rejuvenation of the major detoxification organs, particularly the liver
- identification of stressors, development and daily use of a stress management practice
Living longer and feeling better as we age is an incredibly joyful experience. As many patients begin to feel more vibrant and youthful due to their healthy lifestyles, they start exploring the aesthetic or cosmetic side of anti-aging medicine. I am also passionate about this aspect of health due to awareness of the positive affects that an improved appearance can have on an individual’s overall well-being.
My key objective in this area is to help my patients make informed choices about non-surgical, aesthetic procedures. Again, patient education is a priority. I am trained to perform some of these procedures and treatments and offer them with an unwavering commitment to safety, professionalism, integrity and, in accordance with every patient’s health status. Currently, I provide the following four non-surgical aesthetic treatments.
• Mesotherapy — An exciting approach to cellulite and “spot fat” reduction without surgery or scarring. Treatments involve the use of microinjections of natural plant extracts, vitamins and homeopathic medicines into the mesoderm (middle layer of skin). The injected nutrients dissolve fat deposits, and encourage lymphatic drainage. The process is similar to what occurs during typical weight loss when fat is broken down and toxic wastes are excreted by the kidneys and bowel.
• Dermal Fillers — Synthetic forms of biodegradable hyaluronic acid used to fill facial wrinkles, creases and for lip enhancements. They are safe, instant, long-lasting wrinkle correction alternatives to collagen fillers and dissolve naturally in the body over time.
• Botox — A quick, minimally invasive, treatment that blocks nerve impulses to reduce the movement of muscles; eventually allowing the skin surface to smoothe out. Botox is safe and effective when properly used.
• Spider Vein Therapy/Sclerotherapy — A safe, effective treatment for unwanted, visible blood vessels. Fine needle injection is used with a solution that eventually causes the blood vessel to fade and become barely noticeable.
Again, anti-aging medicine begins with disease prevention and can be enhanced with medical aesthetics. As a physician committed to providing the best for my patients, I encourage you to call my office at
703-349-2382 for more information or to schedule an appointment.